Local Relocation: How to Minimize Your Stress
Experts place moving as one of the top three most stressful events in a family’s life. Even a local relocation can create stress and disruption for all family members including pets. These days a lack of time is often one of the main reasons why moving can be so stressful. With a daily “to do” list a mile long, the idea of a “DIY” move is overwhelming for most people.
Hiring a professional mover like Premiere Van Lines for your family’s local relocation in Edmonton, Alberta or any city or town throughout Canada is the perfect way to minimize your stress. Instead of trying to find friends or family to help with the physical move, renting a truck or spending many long hours lifting heavy furniture and boxes and taking the chance of someone getting hurt, you can leave all the work to the movers.
When you choose a professional moving company like Premiere Van Lines for your local relocation, they will start by having one of their trained moving consultants meet with you in your home to discuss your needs and plan your move. This is an important part of the process since each move has some unique requirements. Your moving consultant will provide you with complete information on service options that will meet your needs and your budget including:
- Full packing/ unpacking service
- Partial or breakable only packing/unpacking service
- Rental of wardrobe cartons so you can hang clothes directly from closets
- Professional packing guide if you decide to do some or all your own packing
- List of inadmissible items so you can dispose of them before the move
- Arranging third party services for you at mover’s preferred rates (i.e. appliance servicing, housecleaning etc.)
- Disassembly of garden sheds, play structures etc.
Your consultant will also will provide you valuable advice and guidance that will help you stay organized. Premiere Van Lines will give you a copy of our moving calendar that is a week by week guide to moving, including a list of who should be notified about your upcoming move.
Your moving consultant will also discuss transit protection options with you in the unlikely event that something gets damaged during the move. Most homeowner insurance policies do not cover your belongings during a move unless a special rider is added to the policy. You should contact your insurance broker prior to your move to determine if you are covered and what restrictions might apply. As an alternative, Premiere Van Lines can provide full replacement cargo protection at a reasonable cost.
Your consultant will then prepare a detailed cost estimate for your move so there are no unpleasant budgetary surprises. The cost for a local relocation is dependent on the following factors:
- Size of truck required
- Number of men needed to load and unload
- Number of hours required to load, transport to destination, unload shipment and set-up any furniture that was disassembled
- Cost of accessorial services (i.e. packing/unpacking cartons; housecleaning; appliance servicing; etc.)
- Cost of premium for full replacement cargo protection
- Travel time from and to mover’s depot
Everyone knows that moving is hard work and extremely stressful. Choosing a high quality, professional mover for your local relocation is the ideal solution. For more information call Premiere Van Lines Edmonton office at 780-455-4502 or contact your local Premiere Van Lines location.