Here Is What To Look For In An Office Moving Service
Office moving is a very specialized service if you want it done on budget and on time with minimal disruption to your employees, customers and other stakeholders. It is the type of moving service that requires more than a few trucks and men with strong backs.
Arranging for office moving service should not be left to a couple of weeks before your anticipated move date. Instead it is an integral part of the entire relocation process and as such the moving company should be chosen at early as possible. You should start by contacting a number of reputable moving companies who have a separate office moving division.
Companies like Premiere Van Lines have the personnel, equipment, expertise and other resources that they dedicate to office moving service. They understand the intricacies of moving an entire office and the challenges that can occur. They know the best way to schedule the various components of an office move in order to minimize downtime for the business.
Place an RFP
If your office move is a fairly large one, you may want to put out a tender or a RFP for the work. The tender should clearly state the size and extent of the project. One thing to be cautious about when soliciting bids for your office move is not to automatically decide in advance that the lowest price should necessarily win the job. Too often some companies (particularly those with limited office moving experience) will put in a low bid. Unfortunately, they may not be able to perform the job to your satisfaction or there will be many disputes about extra costs. An office move is too important to your business to have it done in a substandard manner.
What to Look Out For
When you meet with prospective office moving service companies here are a few things that they should tell you about how they would go about completing your move in a timely and cost effective manner. For companies like Premiere Van Lines this is standard operating procedure.
- Office moving company should first meet with company officials to develop a standard of work document that itemizes the specifics of the job
- Office moving company should assign a project manager to oversee the entire project and interface with the corporate move coordinator
- Office moving company should work with the company to develop a schedule for pre-packing, packing and unpacking, loading and delivery
- Office moving company should provide detailed instructions for employees for self-packing of personnel items and organize delivery of appropriate packing material/bins
- Office moving company should coordinate with building managers for access to loading docks, elevators etc.
- Office moving company should determine the number and sizes of trucks required to complete the job in a timely manner
- Office moving company should assign teams of helpers to work at both the origin and destination locations to maximize efficiency
- Office moving company should work with any third party suppliers (new furniture retailers, technical installers for computer, internet, phone companies etc) to coordinate timing of services
- Office moving company should be equipped (if required) to install office moving systems furniture
- Project manager and backup personnel should be available on a 24/7 basis to assist with any issues
In the simplest terms, the office moving service company should be functioning as an arm of the company that is relocating its office. They need to be experienced, proactive, solutions oriented and totally accountable to you the client.
For more information about our office moving service, contact your local Premiere Van Lines office and ask to speak to someone in the office moving division.