Anyone who has ever moved (especially long distance) knows how important proper packing is to the overall success of a move. Most people start out trying to carefully pack their valuable belongings but as the move draws closer most people start taking shortcuts. Packing becomes more haphazard within a couple of days of a move. With most people making money on the sale of their home in Victoria (or other Canadian cities) it makes sense to set some of your moving budget aside to hire professional packers from a company like Premiere Van Lines to perform the packing job. If you cannot afford to have Premiere do a complete pack for you it is wise to at least to consider having them pack your breakables and other fragile items.
Professional packing is a skill acquired through training and experience. Like a lot of chores with physical demands, doing something regularly means you eventually do it much better than an amateur who doesn’t pack for a move very often. Most people don’t move every year and packing is time consuming and hard work. There are several advantages to having professional packers including:
- You will save time and be spared the back-breaking work that goes into professional packing.
- Professional packers have access to the highest quality of packing materials.
- Those materials are specifically intended for particular types of goods (i.e. triple walled China cartons for China, crystal and collectibles or telescopic mirror cartons for mirrors or paintings).
- All Premiere packers go through rigorous training and undergo extensive supervision by more senior packers.
- Premiere packers carefully measure items that might require custom crates to be made.
- Professional packers will carefully mark cartons by room designation to make it easier to put cartons in the correct room which makes unpacking more organized.
- Professional packers have handled all types of unusual shaped items and know how to pack them for maximum safety.