There are many reasons why families might need short or longer term storage as part of their moving package. Sometimes a new home is still being built, or closing dates on a home sold isn’t synching up with the new purchased home. Whatever the reason might be, Premiere Van Lines can coordinate both moving services and necessary storage requirements, so the entire process is seamless for you.
If you’re moving from a city like Sydney, Nova Scotia to Vancouver, British Columbia you have the choice to store at origin or at your destination city. Most people select the destination option as it allows easier access to your storage crates should you need items like winter clothes.
In the case that you’re renting temporary accommodations, Premiere can identify which items are destined for warehouse storage and separately list items needing to be delivered to your temporary address. This kind of coordination ensures nothing gets lost in the mix, and that you’ll receive all your personal belongings once moved into your new home.
Occasionally people consider renting their own storage unit at a “Self Storage” facility, but generally this isn’t a good idea because of a few reasons:
- When your goods are unloaded into self storage they might not be properly protected in the way they would be inside a Premiere warehouse.
- Furniture items might be stacked or positioned in ways that could cause damage.
- Your mover’s liability against moving damage ends once the items are off-loaded into the self storage unit.
In contract, when your goods are stored inside a Premiere storage facility, each item is inspected as it comes off the truck. Conditions of items are compared to the condition listed on the inventory sheet, and any new damage is noted. This same process is also followed when goods are removed from storage for delivery to your new home. Premiere remains liable for any damage to your good during this timeline, which provides peace of mind, total accountability and an overall smooth process.
Other advantages to storing your goods and furniture with us include:
- All Premiere warehouses have been inspected and are Government approved.
- All Premiere warehouses are climate controlled.
- All Premiere warehouses are pest controlled.
- All Premiere warehouses have secure alarm systems.
- All Premiere warehouses have proper fire protection in place.
- Upholstered furniture items are carefully shrink-wrapped in plastic and are placed on furniture racks.
- Area rugs are protected in plastic and placed on racking.
- Mattresses and box springs are fully protected.
- All items stored in wooden storage pallets are wrapped in storage pads before being placed in pallets.
- A compressive inventory is prepared to identify which items are in which storage pallets in case owner wants to access and remove specific items during storage period.
Not only does Premiere Van Lines handle the entire moving and storage process, but we provide maximum protection for your valued possessions the whole time.
Planning to move from Sydney, Nova Scotia? For more information and personal assistance please call our Premiere Van Lines Sydney office at 902-562-0222 or contact your closest Premiere Van Lines location.