There are many reasons why people need short or long-term storage as part of their moving service. Sometimes a new home is still being built, or the closing date on their current home is not the same as the newly purchased home. Whatever the reason, Premiere Van Lines can coordinate both moving and storage requirements so the process is seamless.
In most cases, you have the choice to store your goods at origin or your new destination city. Most people select the destination option as it allows easier access to your storage should you need items like winter clothes.
Many customers who require storage will rent temporary accommodations until their new home is ready. A professional mover will identify which items are destined for warehouse storage and separately list the items that need to be delivered to the temporary residence. This kind of coordination ensures nothing gets lost.
Occasionally people rent their own storage unit at a self-storage facility; this is not recommended for several reasons:
- When your goods are unloaded into self-storage, they will not be properly protected in the way they would be inside a mover’s warehouse.
- Your mover’s liability against moving damage ends once the items are off-loaded into the self-storage unit.
When your goods are stored inside a professional mover’s storage facility, each item is inspected as it comes off the truck. Conditions of the items are compared to the conditions when the goods were loaded, and any new damage is noted. This same process is also followed when goods are removed from storage and delivered to your new home.
Other advantages to storing your goods and furniture in a professional mover’s warehouse include:
- Government-approved warehouses
- Climate controlled
- Pest controlled
- Secure alarm systems
- Proper fire protection
- Upholstered furniture items are carefully shrink-wrapped in plastic and placed on special furniture racks
- Area rugs are protected in plastic and placed on the racking
- Mattresses and box springs are fully protected
- All items are wrapped in furniture blankets before being placed in wooden storage pallets
For more information and to get a free quote on your moving & storage needs, call Premiere Van Lines toll-free at 1-877-671-6683.