There are many important things to consider when buying a home. One of them is deciding on the size of the home to buy. The size of your home affects the utility bills, insurance, taxes, maintenance costs, and moving costs. If you are planning to purchase a home, here are some things to consider:
- Think about what you like in your current home. Will this be important in your new house?
- Prioritize what a must is and what is a “wish list” for your new home.
- What rooms are not being used currently, and what rooms are you using for storage?
- Do you enjoy taking care of a big yard, or do you feel overwhelmed sometimes? Downsizing your new home will free up some money to use towards lawn and snow maintenance.
- Is it necessary for your children to have their own rooms, or can they share?
- Do you need a spare bedroom for out-of-town guests, or would you prefer they stay in a hotel?
- Is a craft or hobby room necessary? Can this be set up in another room or area in your new home?
- Look at least 5 years ahead. What do you see yourself doing at that point. Retirement? This may be the perfect time to downsize for retirement.
- If you have aging parents, is there a possibility they will live with you in the future?
- Are you busting at the seams in your current home? What additional rooms or space will you need to address this in your new house?
Taking the time to really think about what you need in a home will help make a choice easier when you are ready to buy. For more information or to get a quote on your move, contact Premiere Van Lines toll-free at 1-877-671-6783