Congratulations on your long-distance move! Now it is time to decide if you will be making a DIY move or hiring a professional mover.
Why hire a professional mover?
Packing and moving your furniture and belongings is more work than most people realize. It is very time-consuming and labour intensive.
Before you start packing, you must find cartons and packing paper or purchase them from a mover or store. Packing takes more time than you think, so plan to start at least six weeks before your move date. Hiring a professional mover to pack may cost more, but they do this every day. An average 3-bedroom home will take you weeks to pack. A professional mover will have it all packed and labeled within 6 -7 hours.
Other things you will need to consider on a DIY move:
- Finding an available rental truck
- Finding people to help you load and unload in your new city
- Renting dollies and furniture pads to wrap your furniture
- Risking injury to yourself and others who are helping
- Flat tires or mechanical breakdowns along the way
- Running into bad weather on route
- High cost of fuel
- Causing property damage to walls and floors at either end
These are only a few problems that may happen on your DIY move. Remember, everything must go in one trip. Considering the time and costs of a DIY move, hiring a professional for your long-distance move makes perfect sense.
A professional mover can provide tips on planning and scheduling your move to make it less stressful and time-consuming. Hiring a mover to pack and load your items and unload and unpack will leave you more time to say goodbye to family and friends and explore your new neighborhood.
For more information or to get a long-distance moving quote, call Premiere Van Lines toll-free at 1-877-671-6683.