Fun Things To Do In Your New Home Before Your Belongings Arrive
If you are moving to another city, province or country, chances are you and your family will arrive before your movers arrive with your furniture and belongings.
Moving can be incredibly stressful and tiring. Spending time with your family at your new location and having some fun will be good for everyone and will help to reduce anxiety and stress about the move. Here are some fun ideas to consider:
- If it is only a couple of days before the movers arrive, consider staying at your new home rather than a hotel. Make it an adventure by having a "camp out" in your new home. This will help your kids relax and settle into their new environment.
- Have a games night, play all your family’s favourite games and order in pizza or take out food.
- If your new home needs to be cleaned before your furniture arrives, make it fun by having a contest for getting everything done on each person’s list.
- Have breakfast at a local restaurant close to your new home. This is a great way to get to know the restaurant and some people in your neighbourhood.
- Have fun doing a floor plan for each room using painters’ tape. Map out where you want the furniture to go. Let your kids decide where they want the furniture to go in their rooms and get their input on rooms where the family spends the most time like the family room and rec room.
- Take some time and explore your new neighborhood. Learn where the parks and recreation centres are located. Walk to the children’s new school so they know the way.
- Stop and introduce yourselves to the neighbours on either side of your new home; it is a great way to start settling in.
The most important thing you can do after a move is take a few days at your new location and have some well deserved fun with your family while getting to know your new neighbourhood. This will help everyone feel better about the move.
For more information or to get a quote on your move contact Premiere Van Lines toll free at 1-877-671-6683.