Congratulations on your move to a bigger home! A bigger house means you will need more furniture to fill it up. When moving to a larger space, budgeting for new furniture can be financially overwhelming, especially after purchasing a home and paying closing costs.
Here are some tips on budgeting for new furniture when moving to a larger space:
Needs Versus Wants
- First, look at what you need versus what you want. This will make it easier to set a budget and stick to it.
- Look at what you have now and decide what pieces will fit in your new home.
- Focus on the rooms you use the most, like the bedroom, living room, and kitchen.
- Make a realistic budget with what you need first. Look at in-store and online prices to get an idea of the costs.
- For larger items like sofas, chairs, or beds, buy quality that will hold up, look better, and last longer.
- Shop during the sale season. Furniture, electronics, appliances, and beds go on sale at different times of the year.
- Shop at thrift stores and flea markets; you will be amazed at what you can find.
- Shop online, like the Facebook marketplace, where you will find some good bargains.
If you are up to sanding and painting, consider buying old dressers or cabinets from thrift stores and upcycling them with paint and new hardware.
For more information or to arrange a no-obligation quote on your move, contact Premiere Van Lines toll-free at 1-877-671-6683.