Whether you are moving across the country, around the block, or renovating your home and need temporary storage, it is important to carefully choose where your furniture will be stored. Why? Considering how much money you have invested in your furniture and belongings you will want to be sure they are safely stored.
When you choose a professional moving company, you can be confident that they will carefully itemize any existing damage to your furniture before they take it from your home to their storage facility. That way if any damage occurs while it is in storage, it can be easily identified and repaired or replaced.
There have been some news stories about furniture being haphazardly stored in old barns or other less than ideal locations. This will never happen if you choose a professional mover like Premiere Van Lines who has clean and modern warehouses across Canada.
The following tips will help you choose a storage facility for your valued possessions:
- Verify where your belongings will be stored – drive-by, google the address and make sure there is outdoor signage for the facility
- Check to see if they are government-approved (as are all Premiere warehouses)
- Ask if they have a regular pest control program in place
- Do they have an alarm system?
- Will goods be stored in wooden pallets inside the warehouse (not strewn about on the floor)?
- Do they have furniture racks to store chesterfields, area rugs, and other upholstered goods?
- What kind of records do they keep? Professional movers keep detailed records as to the specific location of stored goods including the wooden pallet numbers
For more information about storing your goods contact Premiere Van Lines toll-free at 1-877-671-6683.