Moving is a busy, hectic time. The following pro moving tips will help you clean and organize your new home.
If possible, arrange to have your new home cleaned before the move-in day. This way, you will not have to move furniture and boxes around to clean.
The two most important rooms to clean before moving in are the kitchen and bathroom. Most of the boxes on a move are for the kitchen, so having clean cupboards and appliances will make a huge difference in putting items away quickly. Vacuuming the rugs and washing the floors ahead of time will alleviate moving furniture around after you move in.
If you hire a professional moving company to pack and move your belongings, they will unpack and remove all the boxes and debris. If you did your own packing, here are tips that can help you get settled and unpacked quickly:
- Once your furniture and boxes are unloaded, doing things one step at a time is essential, so you do not feel overwhelmed.
- Unpack the necessities such as bedding and towels, shower curtain, etc.
- Then start unpacking one room at a time. This will help reduce clutter.
- Once everything in the room has been put away, move on to the next room. This will help keep things tidy and organized.
- As you finish unpacking each room, take a few minutes to flatten the boxes and take them out to the garage or shed to get them out of the way. If you live in an apartment, make a few trips down to the recycle bin during the unpacking.
- Leave the least used items to last, like the basement, garage, and storage locker.
- Last but not least, take a break! Walk around the neighbourhood to get acquainted with your new area.
For more moving tips to clean and organize your new home or to get a no-obligation moving quote, contact Premiere Van Lines toll-free at 1-877-671-6683.